Here are answers to the most commonly asked questions about the ASICS LA Marathon.
RUNNING FOR CHARITY
- What does it mean to run for a charity?
The 2014 Official Charity Program has over 88 affiliated charities. While each charity has its own guidelines, typically ASICS LA Marathon participants who are part of a charity team agree to fundraise for that charity. Your fundraising goes directly to the charity to support its initiatives. Every charitable organization allows its team of runners the unique opportunity to make their Marathon experience more meaningful by not only accomplishing a personal goal on race day, but by contributing to a larger mission and giving back to a worthy cause.In return for a runner’s fundraising efforts, the charities commit to providing support in a number of areas which may include reimbursement of registration fee, team apparel, training programs, race day hospitality, pre-race events and other benefits.
- How can I get more information about a particular charity?
Most charities have built their own websites specific to their charity runner program. Click here for links to specific charities. If you have further questions, please contact the charity directly through the contact information provided on its website.
- How do I sign up to run for a charity?
Contact the charity you are interested in joining and they will provide you with the details of their program such as fundraising, training, etc.
- What is the minimum amount that I have to fundraise in order to be a charity runner?
Each charity sets its own fundraising amounts. Please contact the charity you are interested in for more information.
- If I have already registered for the ASICS LA Marathon, is it too late to join a charity team?
It is never too late to become a charity runner. Please contact the charity directly to find out how you can become a member of their team.
- I work for a specific charity organization and we would like to be affiliated with the ASICS LA Marathon. How does that work?
The application period for the 2014 ASICS LA Marathon Official Charity Program is now closed. Applications for 2015 will be available in June 2014.