Where do I park?
Volunteer parking will be provided for volunteers at the Start, Finish, LA Big 5k and Expo but NOT for water stations. If you are parking near a water station, please read all street signs. You may also reach out to your water station captain to ask for parking suggestions.
Where do I check in?
Volunteers will check in at various locations, depending on their assignment. The volunteer page will be updated race week with exact locations.
- Start area volunteers will check in at Dodger Stadium. The exact location will be emailed to volunteers race week
- Finish area volunteers will check in at the Finish area in Santa Monica. The exact location will be emailed to volunteers race week
- Water Station volunteers will meet their water station captains at the water station location they are assigned. They do not need to come to the expo or volunteer check in at the start or finish. Water station volunteers will receive a volunteer t-shirt upon checking in.
- Expo volunteers will check in inside the LA Convention Center, West Hall. The exact location will be emailed to volunteers race week
- LA Big 5k volunteers will check in at Dodger Stadium on Saturday, March 18th. If you are volunteering for the LA Big 5k at the Expo, you will check in at the expo on Friday, March 17th.
Is there an age requirement for volunteers?
Volunteers should be at least 10 years old. Volunteers under 13 years of age should be supervised by a parent/guardian at an adult to child ratio of 10:1, respectively.
Volunteers at the start and finish area should be 13 years old or older.
Special circumstances may be granted for children under 10. Please email [email protected] with questions.
How do I cancel my assignment?
Please email [email protected] if you need to cancel your volunteer shift. We ask that if you need to cancel your shift, you do so with at least 3 weeks notice so that we are able to fill your spot. Remember our volunteer captains and other volunteers are relying on volunteers to follow through with their commitment and cancelling last minute puts everyone is a difficult position.
What should I wear for my volunteer shift?
Please refer to the volunteer guidelines section. We encourage you to check the weather forecast (www.weather.com) as your volunteer shift approaches to get a better idea of temperatures so you can dress accordingly. If you are at the finish line or water stations, we advise volunteers to bring a hat, sunblock and sweater for layering in the morning.
How do I know if I am confirmed for my assignment?
Once you register online, you are confirmed. All volunteers receive a confirmation email after they register so please be sure to check your spam folder if you have not received one yet.
What if I forgot my assignment?
There’s a chance that the confirmation email was either was lost in your Spam folder or that you may have entered your email incorrectly when registering. Please visit http://doitsports.com/volunteer2/myjobs-2.tcl?event_id=221 to look up your assignment using the email address you registered with.
I am a group leader and I mistakenly registered my group members instead of having them register themselves to join the group. What should I do?
Email [email protected] to request a group waiver form. Each volunteer must sign the waiver and if they are under 18 yrs old they will need to have their parent/guardian sign the waiver for them. Volunteer waivers must be turned in by Monday, March 5, 2017.
I am interested in other volunteer opportunities throughout the year. Who should I contact?
Great! Please email [email protected]
I am interested in becoming a water station captain or area lead. Who do I contact?
Great! We are always looking for volunteer leaders to help in different areas. Please email [email protected]