Here are the most frequently asked questions about the LA Big 5K.
- When is the 2014 LA Big 5K and when does registration open?
The 2014 LA Big 5K will be held March 8, 2014. Registration is now open.
- How much does it cost to register?
Online registration for the 2014 LA Big 5K is $35. Offline or on-site registration is $40.
- Can I register on race morning?
If available, registration will be available race morning beginning at 6:30AM.
- When can I pick up my race packet?
Packet Pick-Up for the LA Big 5K will begin at 6:30AM race morning (March 8th) in Parking Lot G. If you have pre-registered for the LA 5K, you can pick up your race packet at the NutriBullet Health & Fitness Expo on Friday, March 7th at the LA Convention Center (10:00AM – 7:00PM) (Note: You are not required to pick up your race packet prior to race morning)
- I am injured and/or cannot run the event (family commitment, work obligation, etc.). Can I get a refund, donate my entry or transfer my entry to someone else?
No. Per our official event rules and guidelines: Sale, transfer, or duplication of race entry/bib is strictly prohibited and will result in the disqualification and/or banning of any individuals involved from future events. All entry fees are non-refundable and cannot be deferred toward a future event.
- If I provide medical documentation of my injury or pregnancy, will you give me a refund?
No. Please refer to our official event rules and guidelines.
- Can I defer my entry to next year if I am unable to run this year?
No, participants cannot defer their entries to the next year in the event they are unable to run.
- Is there an age requirement to run the LA Big 5K?
- Can I run the LA Big 5K without registering?
No, all runners without LA Big 5K bibs will be directed off the course immediately.
- What is the date of the LA Big 5K?
Saturday, March 8, 2014
- What time does the race start?
- Where does the race start and finish?
The race starts and finishes at Dodger Stadium, 1000 Elysian Park Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90012.
- How will my time be recorded?
The 2014 LA Big 5K will be using the Chronotrack B Tag timing system. Your timing chip will be attached to the back of your bib and you do not need to remove the chip from the bib. You must wear your bib on the front of your shirt to receive your official time.
- Do all participants receive finisher medals?
Yes, all participants with bibs that cross the Finish Line of the LA Big 5K will receive a finisher medal.
- Is there a time limit to complete the LA Big 5K?
Yes. Streets reopen to vehicular traffic on a rolling basis approximately a 30 minute per mile pace. Participants still on the course at this time will be required to move to the sidewalks and obey all traffic signals. The Finish Line will close 2 hours after the start of the race. Please note that participants who cross the Finish Line after 2:00:00 will not be recognized as Official Finishers and are not guaranteed a medal or a finishing time.
GETTING TO THE RACE
- Where is parking for the LA Big 5K?
Parking for the LA Big 5K is at Dodger Stadium via the Downtown Gate (1252 Stadium Way, Los Angeles, CA 90012) or the Sunset Gate (1000 Elysian Park Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90090). Please note that the Golden State Gate will be closed until 10:00AM due to street closures for the race.
- What parking entrances are open for access to Dodger Stadium for the LA Big 5K?
The Downtown Gate and the Sunset Gate are the only entrances open to Dodger Stadium for the LA Big 5K. These entrances will open at 6:00AM. Please note that the Golden State Gate will be closed until 10:00AM due to street closures for the race. Click Here for a map of Dodger Stadium.
- Where can I find a course map for the 2014 LA Big 5K?
Click Here for a course map of the 2014 LA Big 5K.