Do you qualify for a seeded corral at the 2015 ASICS LA Marathon? Need to find a pace group to get yourself to the Finish Line?
Start Corrals A, B, C, D, and E are the seeded corral placement of the fastest 7,300 participants based on their recent marathon finish times. To qualify for seeded corral placement, you must have completed a full marathon no earlier than January 1, 2013 and no later than January 15, 2015.
Qualifying times for seeded corrals:
|Start Corrals||Qualifying Time||Maximum Capacity|
|Corral A||sub 3:00:59||300|
|Corral B||sub 3:50:59||1500|
|Corral C||sub 4:10:59||1750|
|Corral D||sub 4:35:59||1750|
|Corral E||sub 5:00:59||2000|
Runners will receive an email in December to verify corral placement.
REGISTER FOR A SEEDED CORRAL
In order to register for a seeded corral, runners should follow the steps below. Seeded corral placements will end January 15, 2015. Requests for placement must be made by January 15, 2015, no exceptions.
1. During registration, enter the complete name and date of a full marathon you have completed in sub 5:00:59 no earlier than January 1, 2013 and no later than January 15, 2015. Half marathon results are not accepted for seeded corral qualification. (Exception: If you have run a sub 1:25:59 half marathon during the qualifying period, please email [email protected] for Corral A consideration.)
2. Enter your exact finish time from your qualifying race (including seconds). By entering an approximate or incorrect time, you run the risk of having the system not flag your result.
3. If you are using an Ironman time to qualify for a seeded corral, you must email [email protected] with a finisher certificate or screenshot of your complete Ironman result. Our system does not flag Ironman results entered during registration.
4. If you did not enter your qualifying race information during registration, or have run a faster qualifying marathon since registering, you can email [email protected] with a finisher certificate or screenshot of your marathon result.
5. It is the sole responsibility of the participant to verify corral placement prior to January 15, 2015 and alert [email protected] to any errors in placement. Changes cannot be made past this date or at the Expo. Runners will be able to verify placement beginning in December.
The Open Corral is the self-seeded placement of participants by expected minute-per-mile pace (8:00 min/mile, 9:00 min/mile, up to 13:00 min/mile). Participants who have not run a marathon under 5:00:59 between January 1, 2013 and January 15, 2015 will automatically be placed in the Open Corral.
CLIF BAR PACE TEAM
Running a marathon is hard. It's hard the first time and it's had the tenth time. The CLIF Bar Marathon Pace Team supports all sorts of runners, from beginner to hardcore. Hook up with experienced pace leaders, get out there and achieve your goal.
Here's How It Works
Each Pace Leader will run even splits (every mile will be run in the same amount of time) throughout the marathon, and by following your Pace Team leader, you'll cross the line under two minutes of your goal finishing time.
The following pace groups will be offered and will start in the corresponding corral listed.
Corral B: 3:05, 3:15, 3:25, 3:35, 3:45
Corral C: 4:00
Corral D: 4:15, 4:30
Corral E: 4:45
Open Corral: 4:30, 4:45, 5:00, 5:30
Meet Your Pacer at the Expo
You can met your Pace Team leader before the race at the Expo. Ask them about their marathoning backgrounds, how they fuel themselves during the race, and any other helpful tips. Pace Leaders will also be handing out free Pace Bands.
On race morning, you'll see them lined up according to their pace and holding signs with their finish times. Just fall-in with your group.
Need More Info?
Click Here to sign-up and learn more about how the CLIF Bar Pace Team can help you achieve your best marathon ever.