Here are answers to the most commonly asked questions about the ASICS LA Marathon.
- Where can I find an ASICS LA Marathon course map?
Click here for the 2014 ASICS LA Marathon course map. The ASICS LA Marathon course is a net downhill course that runs from Dodger Stadium to Ocean Blvd in Santa Monica.
- How many Aid Stations are on the course?
There are 25 Aid Stations on the course. Arrowhead® Brand 100% Mountain Spring Water will be provided at 25 locations along the course (approximately at each mile) and electrolyte at 12 stations (every odd mile starting at mile 3).
- What flavor electrolyte will you be offering on the course?
- Is there food available on the course?
- How long is the course open?
Streets reopen to vehicular traffic on a rolling basis approximately a 14:30 minute per mile pace. Participants running slower than 14:30 minutes per mile will not be guaranteed Aid Station or Medical support once the 6:20 time limit has been reached. Participants still on the course at this time will be required to move to the sidewalks and obey all traffic signals. The Finish Line will close 8 hours after the start of the race. Please note that participants who cross the Marathon Finish Line after 8:00:00 are not guaranteed to be recognized as Official Finishers and are not guaranteed a medal or a finishing time.
- Is the ASICS LA Marathon a Boston Qualifier?
Yes, the course has been certified by USA Track & Field and is a Boston Marathon qualifier.
- Can I run with an iPod/headphones?
Yes. USATF, the national governing body of the sport, recently amended its ban on headphones, iPods and similar devices. However, athletes competing for prize money are not allowed to use electronic devices such as headphones and ear pieces.
- Are skates, skateboards, bikes or carriages of any kind allowed on the ASICS LA Marathon?
No, if you are caught on the Marathon course with any of these, you will be directed off the course immediately.
- I live along the race course. Where can I find out about race day street closures?
Click Here for Street Closure information.