Here are answers to the most commonly asked questions about the ASICS LA Marathon.
- What are Seeded Start Corrals?
Start Corrals A, B, C, D and E are seeded placement of the fastest 7,300 participants based on their recent marathon times. The Open Corral is self-seeded placement of participants by expected net finish time.
- How can I qualify for a Seeded Start Corral?
Start Corrals A, B, C, D and E are secure start areas designed to offer a quicker and smoother start for all qualified runners. Assignment to these Start Corrals is based on a submitted qualifying time run in a recent marathon and offered on a first-come, first-served basis. For more details, including qualifying times and procedures, click here.
- When is the deadline to submit proof of a qualifying time?
Corral requests must be received by January 15, 2014 or before the corrals reach capacity. Qualifying times not entered through the online registration, must be submitted in the form of a race result certificate or race result page from a marathon. Website links will not be accepted as proof of qualifying. You can send proof of this finish to 213.542.3020 (fax) or email@example.com.
- Can I e-mail proof of my qualifying time?
Yes, however, proof must be submitted in the form of a race result certificate or race result page from a marathon. Website links will not be accepted as proof of qualifying. You can email proof to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I know which Start Corral I have been assigned to?
Start Corral placement can be verified at the Start Corral page and scrolling down to “Confirm Corral Placement”.
- Are Start Corrals guaranteed?
Start Corrals are not guaranteed – they are filled on a first come, first served basis until they reach their respective capacities.
- Can I switch from one Start Corral to another on race day?
Participants can move backward to a “slower” Start Corral, but not forward to a “faster” Start Corral on race day.
- I want to run with the 3:10 Clif Shot Pace Team, but I have not qualified for Corral B. If I sign up for the 3:10 Clif ShotPace Team does that mean that I can start in Corral B?
No. Only participants who have met the qualifying standards and provided the necessary proof to our office before the official close of Start Corrals will be allowed into the Seeded Start Corrals.
- I missed qualifying for a Start Corral by a few seconds. Will you make an exception?
No. Start Corral qualifying standards are strictly adhered to.
- I qualified for a Start Corral in the 2007 ASICS LA Marathon. Can I use that time for this year’s race?
No. Only full marathon times run no earlier than July 1, 2012 and no later than January 15, 2014 will be used to assign runners Seeded Start Corrals. No exceptions.
- I already sent in a time for Start Corral C, but I just ran a faster marathon and now I qualify for Corral B. Can I submit my new time and be moved up to Corral B?
Yes. Provided we still have room in Corral B and you ran your time prior to our official deadline of January 15, 2014, we will reassign your Start Corral. Just fax or email your latest race result certificate or race result page to us at 213-542-3020 or email@example.com.
- I am running a marathon in late January. Will you accept my time for a Seeded Start Corral even though it is after the official January 15, 2014 Start Corral deadline?
No. We will not accept times for Start Corrals after the January 15 deadline.
- What time do the Seeded Corrals open and close on race day?
The Seeded Corrals will open at 5:00am and will close promptly at 7:00am before the start of the Women’s Elite race. Please plan accordingly to allow enough time to secure your place in your assigned corral.